PEIL: Buachaillí agus Cailíní
An Coiste Peile 2011/ 2012
Pat Coen Claregalway N.S.
Pat Coleman Ballinlass N.S.
Billy Farragher Corrandulla N.S.
Paul Gannon Eagles Nest N.S.
Muiris Mac Gearailt S.N.An Cheathrú Rua
Gerry Hussey Gortaleam N.S.
Damien O Keefe Boleybeg N.S.
Michael Kelly Mountbellew N.S.
Cyril Mannion Ballydotia, Belclare
Tom Heavey Windfield N.S.
David Brennan Kilbannon N.S.
Seán Holian Clarinbridge N.S.
Micheál Ó Domhnaill Oughterard N.S.
- Size 4 footballs should be used in all games.
- Age Limit: All players must be under 14 on 1 / 1 /2012.
- Duration of Games: 7 - a -side: 15 minutes per half; all other grades: 20 minutes per half.
- First named team has home venue; if a long distance separates teams, a neutral venue may be arranged if both teams agree. The home team should make every effort to ensure that the pitch is suitable for the game.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that home and away fixtures have been reversed for schools that played each other last year. However, it was not possible to do this in all cases. Consequently, if both schools agree, the 2011 fixture may be reversed so that the team that travelled last year can have home advantage this year.
- The visiting team provides the referee. An Coiste will appoint neutral referees for any play-offs, the semi-finals, and the finals.
- Games must be played on or before the appointed dates.
- It is the responsibility of the teachers in charge of the participating teams to confirm the venue, and to arrange the exact date and time of all group games.
- Results of group games should be sent to the Group Co-ordinator by the Home Team as soon as possible after the game.
- A team wishing to give a walkover must notify the opposing team and An Runaí at the earliest possible time.
- "Juvenile" goalposts to be used, where possible, except where both teams agree to use full-size goalposts.
- 7/9/11 a side competitions may be played as a blitz, if the participating schools are in agreement.
- The usual rules of Gaelic Football apply except:
- All kick-outs are taken from the hand.
- "45m" kicks are taken from the ground at a distance of 30m from the goal.
- No square ball rule applies.
Girls are only allowed play in boys competitions at 7 a side and 9 a side. Girls playing in boys competitions must obey normal rules e.g. not allowed to pick ball directly off ground.
N.B.: Written objections should be signed by the school principal and sent to An Runaí. An Coiste Peile will adjudicate on them. Schools have the right to appeal the decision of An Coiste Peile to An Coiste Gearáin.